Background and education
I have been working full time as a translator in my own company, CS Translations, since 2007. My clients, who are mainly based in Sweden and the rest of Europe, include language service providers, publishers and companies within various lines of business such as medical technology, sustainable products, and consulting.
I completed the Translation Studies Programme at Uppsala University and obtained my MA in 2007. During my studies I also worked part-time in a nursing home for the elderly and at Uppsala University hospital, where my job was to sterilize surgical instruments and other equipment. Before that, I studied French in France for one year.
I have been a full member of the Swedish Association of Professional Translators (requiring at least five years of experience confirmed by references) since 2013 and a member of Översättarcentrum (requiring at least one translated book published with an ISBN number) since 2021.
CV scamming is unfortunately a problem within the translation industry, and for this reason I have decided not to publish my full CV on my website, but will provide it on request.
Examples of previous assignments
- Translation of content for a medical database describing different medical conditions, procedures and treatments, primarily intended for patients/laypersons. English to Swedish.
- Translation and updating of package leaflet and summary of product characteristics for various medicinal products. English and Danish to Swedish.
- Translation of e-learning material for salespeople.
English, Danish and Norwegian to Swedish.
- Translation of product brochures concerning medical devices, hair care products, barbecue equipment, equipment for the care and storage of bicycles and much more. English, Danish and Norwegian to Swedish.
- Translation of Person-Centred Practice in Nursing and Health Care (Studentlitteratur 2021). English to Swedish.
- Translation of How to create a vegan world (Trinambai förlag, to be published in 2022). English to Swedish.
- Part-time lecturer at the Institute for Interpreting and Translation Studies (Tolk- och översättarinstitutet, TÖI) at Stockholm University since 2018.