Medicine & medtech
Why is translation important?
A correct and easily comprehensible translation can be crucial in many situations, such as to ensure the reliability of a clinical trial or patient compliance with a treatment. If patients or subjects are provided with information that is incorrect or difficult to interpret, this could of course have serious consequences. For this reason, it is essential to hire a translator with knowledge in the specific subject area at hand.
What I can do for you:
Medicine is of course a vast subject, with countless subareas, and no one can translate everything within this field, so further specialization is necessary. I mainly specialise in translation of patient information and marketing material relating to medical products and medical devices, as well as clinical trials.
Sometimes, a text needs to convey important information while also fulfilling a marketing purpose. One such example would be a product brochure for a blood glucose monitor intended for patients with newly diagnosed diabetes. This type of text places high demands on style and tone of voice, and with more than a decade of experience as a medical translator, this has become a speciality for me. If this is the type of content you need translated, then you have most likely found the right translator for the job.
Examples of previous assignments:
- Translation of content for a medical database describing different medical conditions, procedures and treatments, primarily intended for patients/laypersons. English to Swedish.
- Translation of content for a medical database describing different medical conditions, procedures and treatments, intended for both patients and health care professionals. Norwegian to Swedish.
- Translation of a product brochure with patient information on stoma products. English to Swedish.
- Translation of a research report on cardiac amyloidosis. English to Swedish.
- Translation and updating of package leaflets and summaries of product characteristics for various medicinal products. English and Danish to Swedish.
- Translation of informed consent forms for a variety of clinical trials. English and Danish to Swedish.
- Translation of Person-Centred Practice in Nursing and Health Care (Studentlitteratur 2021). English to Swedish.